1/2 c soy yoghurt
2/3 c soy or rice milk
1/3 c canola oil
3/4 cup plus 2 Tb granulated sugar
1-2Tb rosewater, or much less if you are using rose essence
1 cup plus 2 Tb flour
2 Tb cornstarch (cornflour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
large pinch cardamon
1/3 finely chopped pistachios, lightly toasted
12 whole pistachios, lightly toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350, line a pan with 12 cupcake liners
2. Mix sugar and wet things in a large bowl
3. Sift together dry things, minus the nuts and add to the wet things. Add the chopped nuts.
4. Bake 220 to 22 minutes, let cool completely.
made up my own frosting, which was approximately:
1. 1tsp superstrong Arabic cofee, trying not to get too many grounds in it
2. 1/3 cup margarine
3. a pinch of cardamon
4. At least a cup of powdered sugar
5. Top each cake with a pistachio
vegan tunes: Gotan Project, "Una Musica Brutal"